7 Questions You Always Wanted to Ask a Deaf Person

High quality.
rima8877

7 Questions You Always Wanted to Ask a Deaf Person

Unread post by rima8877 »

Happy National Deaf Awareness Month! Raising awareness and defending people with disabilities is a good cause throughout the year. However, September is a time of year when we can devote ourselves to raising awareness of Deaf issues, culture and people. That’s why this month, we’re sharing content about real people’s experiences with deafness. IN this article for National Deaf Awareness Month, you will learn reflections on the Deaf experience from former Faces Behind the Screen interviewees, all of whom are deaf or hard of hearing. This month we hope to focus on learning about the Deaf community and culture, the history of the Deaf, and the experiences and stories of Deaf people.

What's the best way to communicate with a deaf person if I don't know sign language? Matt MaxeyDeaf people also really want to be a part of the hearing world. They Croatia Phone Numbers List want to communicate. Thus, they will find out by any means necessary. Whether it's typing a phone, writing, teaching you how to sign the absolute basics, just to get the point across, they will strive to communicate 95% of the time ... With the hearing community, a a lot of [people] are so scared to take that leap and actually try to have a conversation instead of freezing and stopping once you hear, “Oh, he's deaf? She is deaf ?

Oh I'm sorry. "What are you sorry about? This is reality. We're cool with this. You can be cool with this too. Matt Maxey Matt Maxey is the founder of Definitely Dope, an ASL performer and performance group helping deaf and hard of hearing fans enjoy live music. How does it feel to have your words translated by an interpreter? Nia from Faces behind the scree nit was a new experience for me to use interpreters to speak because it means that I have to trust the interpreters. And I must learn that it does not matter. And yes, I think the performers are very qualified and they will do a good job. And at first it was strange. It made. But now it's part of who I am, who I am and my language. Nia Nia is deaf and moved to Boston to study Deaf Education at Boston University. She has a strong interest in both languages ​​and travel. She studied languages, linguistics and Italian at Georgetown University and is fluent in ASL, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese.

How do the deaf listen to music? Nico DiMarco The song "Yeah!" by Usher is a song I listen to often. I can understand when he says “Yeah! Yes! Yes! ”Without reading the lyrics because it's an easy rhythm. I have no idea what it says in the rest of the lyrics, so I have to memorize and study them. I turn the volume to max to be able to try my best to hear very little sound. Most of it is bass that I can hear. A lot of people around me can hear [my music] through my headphones because they are so loud. People complain about noise all the time. When my mom bought the entertainment system with subwoofers, the neighbors immediately complained.
Nico DiMarco Nico DiMarco is a successful DJ passionate about music. He was born deaf and comes from four generations of deaf family members. What would you like others to understand from your experience? Rebecca Alexandrea lot of times when people post stories about me and Usher Syndrome, the first thing they say is, “Rebecca Alexander has her vision and hearing stolen. [They'll say] 'People who have Usher syndrome.' Certainly, there is a lot of suffering involved.